虚拟机安装ubuntu8.04版出现问题

系统安装、升级讨论
版面规则
我们都知道新人的确很菜,也喜欢抱怨,并且带有浓厚的Windows习惯,但既然在这里询问,我们就应该有责任帮助他们解决问题,而不是直接泼冷水、简单的否定或发表对解决问题没有任何帮助的帖子。乐于分享,以人为本,这正是Ubuntu的精神所在。
回复
nethief
帖子: 1
注册时间: 2008-12-15 21:07

虚拟机安装ubuntu8.04版出现问题

帖子 nethief » 2008-12-15 21:11

安装时出现An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered.
the virtual machine will reset now.
这是怎么回事 该这么办 谢谢各位
nonamehhw
帖子: 3
注册时间: 2008-09-25 12:09

Re: 虚拟机安装ubuntu8.04版出现问题

帖子 nonamehhw » 2009-04-07 21:48

Installing Ubuntu Server 8.04 Hardy in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007
July 12th, 2008 Goto comments Leave a comment I recently received a comment on one of my Ubuntu tutorials about installing some perl modules. I didn’t want to mess with my stable server configuration, so I decided to install another instance of Ubuntu Server in a copy of Virtual PC 2007 that I received through DreamSpark. The process was not as seamless as I had hoped. I kept getting the following error:

An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered.

The virtual machine will reset now.

Reset

I managed to get it up and running perfectly with a little help from fellow bloggers. Here’s how:

Configure your Virtual PC: Install VPC2007 and create a new virtual machine. Since I am using my machine for testing purposes and it will not be always running, I set aside 10 gigs of hard drive space and 1 gig of memory. Make sure to set your virtual network adapter to whatever network adapter on your computer that is connected to the Internet.
Install Ubuntu Server: Download the Ubuntu Server install ISO. You can mount the ISO as a CD in VPC rather than burning it to a disk. Start your virtual machine, click CD > Capture ISO Image…, and select the Ubuntu Server install ISO. Then, restart the virtual machine with Action > Reset. At the Ubuntu Server CD screen, choose your language, highlight Install Ubuntu Server and press F6. At the end of the Boot Options line, add the following before the --:

noreplace-paravirt

Now, the installer should load correctly.

Configure Kernel: The default linux-server kernel will not work with VPC2007, so you must install linux-386. Reboot from the Ubuntu Server ISO, this time highlighting Rescue a broken system. Press F6 and insert the same line before the --:

noreplace-paravirt

Answer all of the questions until the end. Mount the first disk partition when asked and choose Execute a Shell…. Run the following commands when you are prompted with the #:

apt-get update

apt-get install linux-386

apt-get remove linux-server

exit

Now, reboot the machine and eject the ISO with CD > Release.

Configure GRUB: Start the virtual machine back up and press Esc when you see the GRUB countdown. Highlight the linux-386 option (hopefully the first) and press e to edit. On the next screen, highlight the line beginning with “kernel” and press e to edit. Replace “quiet splash” with the following:

noreplace-paravirt vga=791

Press enter to save. Now, with the kernel line highlighted, press b to boot. You should now boot up into Ubuntu Server. Login and type the following into the command prompt to edit GRUB:

sudo nano /boot/grub/menu.lst

Scroll down to the line similar to ”title Ubuntu 8.04, kernel x.x.xx-xx-386″ and replace “quiet splash” with the following:

noreplace-paravirt vga=791

Press ctrl+x to exit, y to save changes, then enter to confirm.

Now, Ubuntu Server should boot up correctly in the virtual machine! If you have any questions or additions to these steps, don’t hesitate to comment.
回复