I request pardon to them by the delay but I have walked with fed up things these last days. In order to start off, those that have tried to install famous dock of Mac OS in Linux, will know that there is of several colors: it is the Starterbar de Gdesklets and the Yab de Adesklets also, but in my opinion the best one of all is Engage: express, clean, and is seen well. Here a manual goes small so that they have it in his jars (for Ubuntu Breezy, although who knows, perhaps it works in Hoary).
1) It puts the following line to the file
deb http://soulmachine.net/breezy unstable/
2) It opens Synaptic, actualízalo, it looks for the packages “engage” and “eutils” and instálalos, along with the dependencies that they have. Once you have this ready one, you can prove if dock works writing “engage” in a terminal. Ciérralo later with Ctrl-C.
3) Now it is necessary to add the icons. Ándate to this one page of Get-E.org, and chooses the Seth whom you like more. Bájalo, and decompresses .tar.gz to folder ~/.e/e/applications/all. What you are copying are not directly images, but archives .eap that are those that works with Engage.
4) Quarter, the order of the icons. With the program “entangle” is quite easy to do it, you must drag the icons of the programs that you want to have, to the list that there is under “Engage” (eye, iDock, that is not if you are using Enlightenment). Once you have it ordered as you want, it keeps the changes and it closes Entangle. You finish creating the file to.order that it will be left in the folder ~/.e/e/applications/engage.
5) Ready! Now it opens a terminal and it writes “engage & “. The sign “&” causes that the program is executed at heart of the system, that is when I close the terminal, Engage is going to continue walking. If you want, now you can form the panel tightening with the right button on him, and later “configuration”. I for example increased the size, I removed “icon tray to him” and tightened “options ignores iconified” and “options ignores running” (they are last the three small boxes).
And the latest. It is possible that .eap that you have lowered they aim erroneously at the commandos. I for example had to fix oowriter.eap (OpenOffice Writer) because she aimed at “oowriter”, and I changed by “oowriter2 ″ to it. This you have it to do through a called programita e_util_eapp_edit that comes within paqueete “eutils”. Thus:
$ e_util_eapp_edit nombredelarchivo.eap
That is everything. If all you did it well, at this point you must have dock like which I have in this screenshot. A pair of tricks to finish:
* The windows that you have open them you can diminish tightening with the button of means of mouse on the icon of the program in Engage.
* If you leave the left button of mouse tight, the window of the program rises that you have open (the ones that has a black arrow down). So that another instance of that application is not opened you do not let it tighten, but arrástralo outwards of the bar (as if you went to remove the icon)”.
* Somewhere I read that moving the ruedita of mouse on an icon of which you have several opened windows, the Engage is going to be rotating between one and another one (and if they are in different writing-desks also). But so far it does not work to me… already I will see so that. That is all friends. Any doubt, already knows: it advanced `iñor![/code]