Ubuntu 7.04 Release Notes
Ubuntu 7.04 发布
These release notes document known issues with version 7.04 of Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu.
这些发布说明文档会随着 7.04 版本的 Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu 发布。
The minimum memory requirement for Ubuntu 7.04 is 256MB of memory. With only the minimum amount of memory available, the installation process will take longer than normal, but will complete successfully, and the system will perform adequately once installed.
Ubuntu 7.04 的最低内存需求是 256MB。如果内存容量仅仅是满足了系统最低需求，那么安装过程所使用的时间将会相对较长， 但一旦系统安装完成，运行的速度将会比安装时的速度改进许多。
Please ensure your system meets the minimum [system requirements] before installing.
在进行安装之前请确认你的系统可以满足 Ubuntu 7.04 的最低需求。
* On the alternate or server CDs, creating LVM logical volumes will take some time to complete and may appear to have stopped completely. There is no need to take any action, the installation will continue after approximately three minutes for each volume configured. Bug# #105623.
* 使用非标准或服务器版本的CD时，创建 LVM 逻辑卷将会使用较长时间来完成，甚至看上去可能像是完全停止运作。但无须进行任何操作，经过大概三分钟的逻辑卷配置过程结束后，安装进程将会继续。 Bug#105623
* On the alternate CD, Expert mode cannot be selected from the menu as in previous releases. Instead, press F6 and type "priority=low", adding it to the kernel command-line. This will cause the full set of questions to be asked. Bug#107220.
* 使用非标准 CD 时，与前一个版本一样，专家模式无法从菜单中选择。按 F6 并在内核命令行中输入 "priority=low" 将可以让安装程序给出所有的安装选项让你选择。Bug#107220。
* On the alternate CD, the Bosnian, Croatian, and Slovenian keyboard layouts are incorrect. Users of these keyboard layouts are advised to select the U.S. English keyboard layout temporarily in order to complete the installation. Once you have rebooted into the installed system, the keyboard can be reconfigured to your preferred layout by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and then 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' from a terminal window. Bug# #93077.
* 使用非标准CD时，Bosnian, Croatian 以及 Slovenian 的键盘设定是错误的。所有使用这些键盘的用户需要选择 U.S. English keyboard layout 以便完成安装进程。 一旦你完成安装并重新启动到新系统中，键盘的设置可以通过从终端窗口中运行 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' 接着 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' 来进行重新设定。Bug# #93077.
* On the Xubuntu desktop CD, installation may fail during partitioning with a warning such as "The ext3 file system creation in partition #1 of IDE1 slave (hdb) failed". Bug #107259. To workaround this, close the installer and follow the following steps:
* 使用Xubuntu Desktop CD时，安装进程可能会随着一个 "The ext3 file system creation in partition #1 of IDE1 slave (hdb) failed" 的错误警告而失败。 Bug #107259。要绕过这个错误，关闭安装程序并依照下面几步操作：
1. Go to Applications -> Settings -> Settings Manager.
1. 打开 程序 -> 设定 -> 设置管理器。
2. Select "File Manager".
3. Switch to the "Advanced" tab.
3. 转到 “高级” 标签。
4. Click on the "Configure the management of removable drives and media ...".
5. Uncheck both "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged" and "Mount removable media when inserted".
5. 去掉 “当可移动储存设备被检测到时自动装载”和“当可移动媒体被插入时自动装载”。
6. Close all the windows just opened, and restart the installer.
* On the SPARC server CD, keyboard selection defaults to the obsolete Sun Type 4 model, which should not be used. Select the "Generic 105-key (Intl) PC" option instead. #105595
* 当使用 SPARC server CD 时，键盘默认被选择为 obsolete Sun Type 4 model， 这是错误的设定。可以将它选为 "Generic 105-key (Intl) PC" 。#105595
Users of Ubuntu 6.10 can upgrade to Ubuntu 7.04 by a convenient automated process. Complete instructions may be found at www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading
Ubuntu 6.10的用户可以通过一个很方便的自动操作升级到 Ubuntu 7.04。完整的操作过程可以在 www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading
All updates for Ubuntu 6.10 should be installed before attempting the upgrade. You may ensure that you have all updates installed by following these steps:
所有用于 Ubuntu 6.10 的更新程序必须在升级操作开始之前安装。你可以按照以下几步来确认你已经安装了所有的更新程序。
1. Go to System -> Administration -> Software Sources. If you have a previous version of Ubuntu installed, you should upgrade to each newest version in turn, following the upgrade notes for each newer version.
2. Click "Check"
3. Click "Install Updates"
4. Wait for the process to complete
6. Start Update Manager again to begin the upgrade to 7.04
* Update Manager may fail with an "Authentication failed" message, as shown below:
Please follow the steps above to ensure that you have all updates installed. Bug #78673.
* Users who have serial consoles, or have made custom changes to the /etc/inittab file or files in the /etc/event.d directory should be aware that the format of these files have changed slightly and your changes will not be automatically migrated. Bug #89314. The following changes should be made.
* "respawn COMMAND" should be changed to "exec COMMAND" with "respawn" on a seperate line.
* "on EVENT" should be changed to "start on EVENT"
* the "runlevel-X" events should be changed to "runlevel X"
* Users of the LILO boot-loader with a root filesystem managed by software RAID (mdadm), LVM or EVMS will need to migrate part of the configuration manually before rebooting, otherwise the machine will fail to mount the root filesystem. Bug #105631. Edit /etc/lilo.conf and copy the "root=" line to the end of the "append=" line, so you will have "append=root=...".
* Update Manager may incorrectly calculate the free space requirements when symlinks are used for some directories such as /var/cache/apt/archives. Bug #106804. As a workaround, modify /etc/apt/apt.conf and add the following line giving the correct path for that directory rather than using a symlink.
* If you have configured network interfaces by hand using /etc/network/interfaces, those interfaces will be ignored by Network Manager. When only those interfaces are active, the icon will still be the "Connected" icon (no matter whether those are up or down) and the tooltip will say "Manual network connection". Clicking the icon will allow you to reconfigure your networking; if you wish the interface to be managed by Network Manager, select it as "Automatic configuration (DHCP)" and ensure that the box next to the interface is