Creative XFi driver on Linux 2.6.25
There is still a problem with beta2 version of Creative Sound Blaster XFi driver on Linux kernel 2.6.25. If we do what is said by the driver installation instruction, it ends up with some errors. Here's a trick how to manually compile and install it:
1. Download the driver from http://us.creative.com/support/download ... iDrv_Linux
. or directly from shell: wget http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Driv ... .18.tar.gz
The latest is version 1.18
2. Extract the tar.gz file from your build folder:
tar zxvf XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz
This will extract all files to XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18
3. cd to the XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18/drivers
4. Try to do make (gotta be a root). It will cause some errors (the errors don't appear on the screen. They are logged in /var/log/creative-installer.log and need root access to see it). We can open another window/shell and just type: sudo tail -f /var/log/creative-installer.log to see what's going on.
5. OK, now we're about to fix these problems. First, just typ: ./configure
6. Don't do make yet. We need to modify some files.
7. edit file LinuxSys.c: vi src/ossrv/LinuxSys.c
Goto line 648 and replace SA_SHIRQ with IRQF_SHARED (Kernel 2.6.22 has told us that it was going to deprecate it although still defines it, but in kernel 2.6.25 this SA_SHIRQ is now gone!)
8. Add the following line after line 33:
#include <linux/fs.h> // for definitions of filp_*
9. Add the following lines after line 37:
#include <asm-generic/fcntl.h> // otherwise, some MACROS are undefined
10. Compile with the following command: sudo make KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 or modify (temporarily!) file /usr/src/linux/scripts/Makefile.build and comment out statements around line 46 as below:
#$(error CFLAGS was changed in "$(kbuild-file)". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS)
11. Edit file in drivers/ctsound and change the order to:
drivers="ctossrv emupia ctsfman haxfi ctalsa ct20xut ctexfifx cthwiut"
12. Install it: sudo make install
我装的是Ubuntu 9.10 64位版。