我对intel 的整合显卡从来就不感冒，相对而言，我对nvidia 的整合显卡要更有好感
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/120834
通过这次网上的search ，发现intel 的驱动并不在受限驱动之列，这更加让我坚信x3100这个问题早就解决了,因为是开源的驱动。
965 的intel 3100显卡在7月份有网友做的deb，在ubuntu 英文论坛，注册后可以下载：
This is the last (as of today) xf86-video-intel module released by Intel, backported by me from 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon to 7.04 Feisty Fawn. It is built against the X server in the official repositories, so if you're experiencing issues on your graphic adapter (most likely the X3100 included in the i965GM chipset) it's just a matter of download & install.
It should fix the following bugs affecting the 1.9.94-1ubuntu3 release:
- Fuzzy screen on some panels.
- 24 bpp configuration resulting in 16 bpp and leading to nasty color bands in place of smooth gradients.
Sadly some are still here
- Can't play video with XV extension when used together with a compositing manager such as compiz or xcompmgr. It's necessary to fall back to X11 to fix totem-gstreamer, totem-xine, gxine and mplayer.
- Setting gamma in the relevant "Monitor" section of xorg.conf is acknowledged in X.log but has no effect. It's possible to use xgamma as a workaround (e.g. placing a small script in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/).
The following may depend on some problem in Xorg 7.2 which has already been fixed in the upcoming 7.3, since I did not notice them in Gutsy
- Compiz (both Feisty's official 0.3 and CompizFusion 0.5 GIT) freezes the machine as soon as you try its nicer effects (such as wobbly windows and minimize-maximize effects provided by the animation plugin). Disabling those plugins results in a less impressive desktop, but allows for a good stability while mantaining transparencies, shadows and avant-window-navigator for those who use it.
- Incorrect DPI computation leading to small characters on high res screens. Use gnome-font-properties to specify the correct value.
- EXA acceleration not availlable.
- Download the attached package
- Install it by means of gdebi: just double-click it
- If you are already using an older version of xserver-xorg-video-intel, just restart GDM or reboot the system. Otherwise, you need before to change the "Driver" option under the "Device" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf to "intel". An example xorg.conf is included for reference (DO NOT COPY IT OVER YOURS!).
- Optional: To get faithful colors, include the appropriate "Gamma" option in section "Monitor". Refer to the attached files.
- Optional: If you use compiz or xcompmgr, you may need to change the default video out plugin for your multimedia framework, or you'll likely get black screens or nasty player crashes. For gstreamer, just use gstreamer-properties.
- Optional: For compiz not to freeze the machine, disabling the (nicest) plugins may also be needed. For the 0.3 version included in Feisty, open gconf-editor and put in the /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/active_plu gins the appropriate values. For me the following list is working fine: "gconf,svg,png,decoration,annotate,screenshot,move ,resize,place".
- Some files in this package, those implementing the Xv Motion Compensation function in particular, conflict with those installed by the legacy xf86-video-i810 driver. If you have the xserver-xorg-video-i810 package, you will have to remove it BEFORE installing xserver-xorg-video-intel.
Do that only if your graphic adapter suffers from lack of support by the legacy driver (most likely, if you have an i965GM/X3100 chipset)
Editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf may be needed.
Is there anybody from Kyiv, Ukraine? I'm going there for three months and I'm looking for a job...
Hope this helps. It works as described on my Dell Latitude D630. Have fun.
Intel intel-video xserver-xorg-video-intel xf86-video-intel 965 965GM i965 i965GM X3100 Santa Rosa SantaRosa CentrinoDuo Centrino Duo Dell Latitude D630