I use ubuntu 8.04.1 desktop cd to boot my computer,when I login to the desktop.There comes an Internal error:failed to initialize hal!
Then I found the reason that dbus service could not start
when I start dbus in the terminal,the result is in the following
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/dbus start
* Removing stale PID file /var/run/dbus/pid.
* Starting system message bus dbus [ OK ]
* Starting network connection manager NetworkManager [ OK ]
* Starting network events dispatcher NetworkManagerDispatcher [ OK ]
* Starting System Tools Backends system-tools-backends run-parts: /etc/dbus-1/event.d/70system-tools-backends exited with return code 1
* Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon avahi-daemon [ OK ]
* Starting DHCP D-Bus daemon dhcdbd [ OK ]
* Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald invoke-rc.d: initscript hal, action "start" failed.
Can anyone told me how to solve the problem?
I can't input Chinese in the CD,so I use English.instand.
2 帖子 • 分页： 1 / 1
I don't know, I came across a similar problem.