ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/usr/lib/opera/9.22-20070716.6/opera: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Guide: Opera 9.20 + Flash working in Feisty!
Hi, I like Opera a bit more than firefox (better mouse gestures IMO and takes a bit less memory when being open for a while with a lots of tabs opened) and thought that I could try to write clear instructions how I struggled to get Opera + flash (yeah to get those youtubes rolling) working in 64bit Feisty. It might be that some of these steps are not required but hey, so is not a marriage but still ppl do it. Wonder why.. Feisty is out! Enough of bs, so here we go:
1. Download Opera 9.20 static from http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl...++++&x=66&y=23
sudo dpkg --force-architecture -i opera-static_9.20-20070409.1-qt_en_i386.deb
2. Then download http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/d...i386&type=main
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture lesstif2_0.93.94-11.4ubuntu3_i386.deb
3. Then Download http://www.opera.com/download/linux/....30-5_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i --force-all openmotif_2.1.30-5_i386.deb
4. Get Flash 9 from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...9_linux.tar.gz
extract it somewhere.. like aint no place like $home so there u go. Then go there and do
sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/opera/plugins
sudo cp flashplayer.xpt /usr/lib/opera/plugins
5. Some of these following packages are, and some are not required but what the hell, install them all. Why? Why a dog licks his balls? Yes my friend, because he can. So do
sudo aptitude install ia32-libs ia32-libs-sdl ia32-sun-java5-bin ia32-libs-gtk flashplugin-nonfree sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-jre
6. Get qt3 libs from: http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/poo...untu5_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture libqt3-mt_3.3.8really3.3.7-0ubuntu5_i386.deb
Now launch your awesome browser and go check out some por... news and stuff!