Question about the GRUB

系统安装、升级讨论
版面规则
我们都知道新人的确很菜,也喜欢抱怨,并且带有浓厚的Windows习惯,但既然在这里询问,我们就应该有责任帮助他们解决问题,而不是直接泼冷水、简单的否定或发表对解决问题没有任何帮助的帖子。乐于分享,以人为本,这正是Ubuntu的精神所在。
回复
hangy
帖子: 3
注册时间: 2007-07-01 21:30

Question about the GRUB

帖子 hangy » 2007-07-01 21:35

Sorry, I can't type Chinese now. Hope somebody can help me about the grub settings! Thanks a lot.

I use a laptop computer to install Windows XP and Ubuntu. There is a USB SATA disk which connect to computer with a USB cable. I installed my Ubuntu Systme on that disk.
But the thing is :
>>. If I do not connect the USB disk on the laptop, the system will not go in to Grub and come out error 21 or error 25. That means without the external USB disk cannot even login the windows.
<<How can I set the Grub to transfer the grub to the laptop rather than the USB disk?

I am confusing for a quite long while, help. :(
头像
kongmen
帖子: 44
注册时间: 2007-06-25 16:44
来自: 广西柳州

帖子 kongmen » 2007-07-02 0:12

:P :P :P :P

Nice english~

有点不懂你的意思?Sata硬盘是把?usb什么?

关于输入中文,看快速设置吧
图片

linux菜鸟,多搜索,多交流。

通讯:Eva
翻译:星际译王
输入:Fcitx
音频:Audacious
视频:Mplayer
。。。。学习中
xiechy
帖子: 1074
注册时间: 2006-01-18 15:01

帖子 xiechy » 2007-07-02 0:24

actually,grub has two part: one is in the boot sector of an active partition, and the other is in the /boot directory.

your problem is that: the first part you have it installed in your laptop origin disk, so when the computer boot, it read the information in the boot sector, and then to read the second part , which truely record the info of how to boot. Unfortunately , the second part of grub you install in the USB disk.

now, you can get the key. for short, you have to set up a new boot partition in your laptop, and reinstall grub into it.
hangy
帖子: 3
注册时间: 2007-07-01 21:30

帖子 hangy » 2007-07-02 11:43

xiechy 写了:actually,grub has two part: one is in the boot sector of an active partition, and the other is in the /boot directory.

your problem is that: the first part you have it installed in your laptop origin disk, so when the computer boot, it read the information in the boot sector, and then to read the second part , which truely record the info of how to boot. Unfortunately , the second part of grub you install in the USB disk.

now, you can get the key. for short, you have to set up a new boot partition in your laptop, and reinstall grub into it.
Thanks a lot, I will learn how to reinstall the grub right away.
:D
头像
aerowolf
帖子: 1778
注册时间: 2006-02-25 17:09
来自: 西安

帖子 aerowolf » 2007-07-14 0:43

英文很强嘛。看看http://forum.ubuntu.org.cn/viewtopic.php?p=363694#363694,如果连接上移动硬盘可以用grub引导启动,可以参考文章中的方法,一劳永逸地解决问题。
另,不能输入中文时有个应急方法:登录http://www.inputking.com看看。
祝你好运。
回复