Howto Install Ubuntu on the EEE PC with usb 帮忙翻译一下

系统安装、升级讨论
版面规则
我们都知道新人的确很菜,也喜欢抱怨,并且带有浓厚的Windows习惯,但既然在这里询问,我们就应该有责任帮助他们解决问题,而不是直接泼冷水、简单的否定或发表对解决问题没有任何帮助的帖子。乐于分享,以人为本,这正是Ubuntu的精神所在。
回复
alcor_yy
帖子: 48
注册时间: 2005-07-19 17:41

Howto Install Ubuntu on the EEE PC with usb 帮忙翻译一下

帖子 alcor_yy » 2007-12-20 12:48

First, this took me a really long time, and I really don't wish this headache upon anyone else. Before you get started, I should remind you that because Ubuntu is not made for the eeepc, you may not have every software program. Also, I'm trying to retrace the steps it took me. So they may not be 100%, so refer to the wiki here.

Note: you will need a computer with working internet nearb

Let's format your usb drive so it will run smooth without any major errors. Open a Terminal. If you're using your eee (CTRL ALT T). Plug in the usb
fdisk -l (remember whatever the /dev/sd*1, replace the * with that letter later).sudo mkfs.vfat -F 32 -n ubuntu /dev/sd*1sudo apt-get install syslinuxwget http://kiwilinux.org/public/isotostick.shsudo chmod +x isotostick.shfdisk -lRemember what your usb drive looks like, it should be something like

/dev/sd*1 (replace the * with the letter of your usb drive)sudo parted /dev/sd* set 1 boot onsudo ./isotostick.sh /path/to/image.iso /dev/sd*1 (please change this to where ever you saved the iso image.)sudo syslinux /dev/sd*1Okay so now lets put ndiswrapper and the driver on. (if you have a wired connection available skip these steps, and just plug your eeepc in for internet.
Download these files to your usb drive
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils-1.9WiFi Driver
Copy the folder called ndis5x to the usb drive as well.

sudo umount /dev/sd*1 (unmount if you are using a computer other than the eee pc)if you used a different computer, it is time to put ubuntu on the eeepc! Plug it in!
Turn on the eeepc. In that first screen press ESC.
Choose the usb drive you put ubuntu on. It should start up like a livecd installation.
You will need to move the windows.
System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects>None
use Alt and Click to drag windows that are too big by default
Go through the typical installation process.

Time to set up the internet. if you have a wired connection skip these steps.
navigate to the .deb you put on the usb called ndiswrapper-common. Install it
do the same for ndiswrapper-utils
Copy the folder ndis5x to your desktop
Open a terminal and type:

sudo modprobe -r ath_pcisudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-commonadd this line:

blacklist ath_pciReboot
Navigate to where you saved the .deb files of ndiswrapper-common and ndiswrapper-utils and doubleclick them to install
Open a terminal
cd Desktop/ndis5x
sudo ndiswrapper -i net5211.infsudo ndiswrapper -msudo ndiswrapper -ma && sudo ndiswrapper -mireboot
Now lets get the native madwifi drive running
sudo apt-get install build-essentialwget 'http://madwifi.org/attachment/ticket/16 ... t=raw'wget http://snapshots.madwifi.org/madwifi-ng ... .tar.gztar zxvf madwifi-ng-r2756-20071018.tar.gzcd madwifi-ng-r2756-20071018patch -p0 < ../madwifi-ng-0933.ar2425.20071130.i386.patch\?format\=rawmake cleanmakesudo make installrebootNext let's fix some of the known issues.
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
add this: options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig
(that will get your mic working)

sudo gedit /etc/default/acpi-support
SAVE_VBE_STATE=falseSAVE_VIDEO_PCI_STATE=trueUSE_DPMS=true# Add modules to this list to have them removed before suspend and reloaded# on resume. An example would be MODULES="em8300 yenta_socket"## Note that network cards and USB controllers will automatically be unloaded# unless they're listed in MODULES_WHITELISTMODULES="ndiswrapper"I don't know if that last line is necessary... because you should have madwifi up and running.
all of this fixes the suspend issues

save and close. now to fix the shut down.

sudo gedit /etc/init.d/haltadd to the TOP:
rmmod snd-hda-intelIf you want Compiz-Fusion enabled, I recommend this:
ALT F2
apps > Compiz > plugins > move > allscreens > options
uncheck constrain y.

I think that should be it!! Hopefully it worked for you!
ucimok
帖子: 6
注册时间: 2007-08-01 12:19

帖子 ucimok » 2007-12-20 14:38

首先,这个耗费了我很长的时间,并且我不希望这个令人头痛的问题再去烦别人。在开始之前,我必须提醒你,因为ubuntu不是专门为EeePC设计的,所以你不一定可以找到所有的软件支持,并且,我是在回忆并重复我之前解决问题的步骤,所以可能不是100%按照之前的步骤,所以你最好去搜一下维基(wiki)。

提示:你需要有一个带网络连接的电脑。

先检查你的usb,以便它可以没什么大问题的流畅的运行。打开终端,插入usb,fdisk -l(记住在有/dev/sd*1的地方把*都换成那个usb的盘符字母).sudo mkfs.vfat -F 32 -n ubuntu /dev/sd*1sudo apt-get install syslinuxwget http://kiwilinux.org/public/isotostick.shsudo chmod +x isotostick.shfdisk -l记住你的u盘是什么样子的,它应该是这种形式的(??)

/dev/sd*1 (把*都换成那个usb的盘符字母)sudo parted /dev/sd* set 1 boot onsudo ./isotostick.sh /path/to/image.iso /dev/sd*1 (把这个改成你存iso镜像的地方.)sudo syslinux /dev/sd*1,好了现在开始安装ndiswrapper的驱动. (如果你有一个有线网络连接的话就跳过这一段, 把你的EeePC连上网)
下载以下文件到你的u盘上面
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils-1.9WiFi Driver
复制那个叫 ndis5x 的文件夹到u盘上

sudo umount /dev/sd*1 (如果使用eeepc以外的机的话这一步可以不要)如果你曾经用的不同的电脑,现在是时候把ubuntu装在eeepc上面了,插上它吧。
启动 eeepc. 在第一个界面的时候按ESC.
选择你装进了ubuntu的那个U盘. 这时候会像liveCD一样启动.
You will need to move the windows(这句话是翻译成移开窗口还是翻译成移除windows操作系统呢??貌似eeepc用的是linux而不是windows哦??).
System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects>None
默认窗口太大,所以用alt+鼠标拖拽
然后过一遍安装过程.

现在开始装网络, 如果你有一个外网连接就跳过这一步.
安装那两个分别叫作 “ndiswrapper-common”和
”ndiswrapper-utils ”的.deb 文件
复制ndis5x 到桌面
打开终端输入:

sudo modprobe -r ath_pcisudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-commonadd this line:

blacklist ath_pciReboot
双击上面提到的两个文件安装
打开终端
cd Desktop/ndis5x
sudo ndiswrapper -i net5211.infsudo ndiswrapper -msudo ndiswrapper -ma && sudo ndiswrapper -mireboot
现在让自带的madwifi drive 运行
sudo apt-get install build-essentialwget 'http://madwifi.org/attachment/ticket/16 ... t=raw'wget http://snapshots.madwifi.org/madwifi-ng ... .tar.gztar zxvf madwifi-ng-r2756-20071018.tar.gzcd madwifi-ng-r2756-20071018patch -p0 < ../madwifi-ng-0933.ar2425.20071130.i386.patch\?format\=rawmake cleanmakesudo make installrebootNext let's fix some of the known issues.
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
add this: options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig
(这个可以是让你的麦克风有声音)

不好意思只能翻译这么多了,后面的看不懂.......只有再等高手了
头像
jojo
帖子: 101
注册时间: 2007-08-06 10:44

帖子 jojo » 2007-12-25 10:31

现在有这个了
华硕Eee PC专用Ubuntu 7.10 (Bt下载)
viewtopic.php?t=97372