A fast and lightweight IDE
I think it's greatest IDE for newbie who learning C/C++.
Geany 0.14 (April 19, 2008)
* Don't beep when using Replace All in Session unless all open files
have no replacements (fixes #1893796).
* Only use filetype detection after Save As, not on every save when the
filetype is None (fixes #1891778).
* Make Go to Tag commands look for the tag in the current document
before searching the workspace.
* Check file on disk for changes also when pressing a key.
* Ignore documents with no absolute path when saving session files.
* Fix segfault with Run command when a project is open and the current
file's filetype has no run command.
* Make Next Error and Next Message commands add positions to the
navigation queue, so the user can move backwards through the list items
and return to where they were.
* Make pressing escape in the sidebar focus the editor.
* Make navigation queue position based to restore the line and column when
returning to a previous position (closes #1936927).
* Save sorting order of the symbol list when saving a file (fixes #1917262).
* Improve "Send Selection To" code (fixes #1909452).
* Install header files and add a pkg-config file for external plugins.
* Use monospace font for text entry fields in search dialogs (#1907117).
* Don't open zero byte sized files read-only (e.g. files in /proc).
* Improve Makefile parser to detect targets.
* Update PHP tags file to latest PHP API docs (closes #1888691).
* Add translucency settings to filetypes.common for semi-transparency.
* Add HTML parser to get h1, h2, h3 symbols as well as link anchors and
* When closing a tab when using left-to-right tabs, focus the next
document, not the previous.
* Move Load Tags item from File to Tools menu.
* Don't scroll the editor view if it is unnecessary when using Find
Next/Previous, Find Selected, incremental search, Go to Marker or Go to
Matching Brace commands.
* Fix bug with showing macro list items all on one line.
* Fix Python auto-indentation when line endings are set to CR/LF.
* Unfold hidden code when the fold point modified (fixes #1923350).
* Update Scintilla to version 1.76.
* Add (basic) column mode editing (patch by "chuck").
* Replace untitled file header filename after Save As and add to recent
files on Windows too.
* Resolve Windows shortcuts when opening files.
* Fix modal dialog problems on Windows by not setting taskbar hint
* Add new process spawning implementation. This makes the Version Diff plugin
to work on Windows (patch by Pierre Joye, thanks).
* Fix crash on Windows when a project could not be opened.
* Add configurable plugin keybindings support.
* Add a HTML Characters keybinding to show the dialog.
* Add File Browser keybindings to focus the Path Entry and File List
* Rename VCDiff plugin Version Diff.
* When quitting, remember plugin filenames that couldn't be loaded at
startup as well as active plugins.
* Add PLUGIN_KEY_GROUP and keybindings_set_item() to setup a keybinding
* keybindings_send_command() arguments have changed because of
keybinding groups - this breaks the API for plugins already using it.
* Make VERSION_CHECK deprecated in favour of PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECK.
* Add descriptions for several options in the preferences dialog
(patch from Robert McGinley).
* New translations: ro.
* Updated translations: bg, de, en_GB, es, fr, hu, it, ja, pt_BR, ru.