[除錯教學]Edgy Eft SU Error

系统安装、升级讨论
版面规则
我们都知道新人的确很菜,也喜欢抱怨,并且带有浓厚的Windows习惯,但既然在这里询问,我们就应该有责任帮助他们解决问题,而不是直接泼冷水、简单的否定或发表对解决问题没有任何帮助的帖子。乐于分享,以人为本,这正是Ubuntu的精神所在。
回复
yulewang
帖子: 154
注册时间: 2006-08-12 22:00

[除錯教學]Edgy Eft SU Error

帖子 yulewang » 2006-10-27 13:58

October 11th, 2006

Since upgrading to Ubuntu’s Edgy Eft, I’ve found that switching to the root user (via the su command) caused the following error:

configuration error - unknown item 'FAIL_DELAY' (notify administrator)

Everything seemed to work fine though, and my user was elevated root, so I thought nothing of it. But, being the kind of person I am, I wanted to fix it. Thanks to kurbacik of UbuntuForums.org for pointing out the fix here.

Essentially, when the login package is updated via apt-get (that is via Synaptic, for all you GUI only folks) it neglects the login.defs file. This config file tries to set variables that do not exist in the new login code, and hence the code throws some errors at you. So if you’re seeing anything like the code below when you try to login, or when you try to SU to another user, follow the steps below these errors:

configuration error - unknown item 'QUOTAS_ENAB' (notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'NOLOGIN_STR' (notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'ENV_HZ' (notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'CHFN_AUTH' (notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'CLOSE_SESSIONS' (notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'FAIL_DELAY' (notify administrator)

To fix these up:

1. Open /etc/login.defs for editing: nano -w /etc/login.defs
2. Locate the name of the variable you’re looking for (that’s the text in all caps, between the quotes). In my case, the variable was FAIL_DELAY.
3. To the left of the variable name, type a pound/hash symbol/octothorp (#).
4. Press Ctrl+X, followed by the Y key, followed by the Enter key to save and close the file.
5. Logout and log back in again. Problem should be solved!

Alex
上次由 yulewang 在 2006-10-27 14:15,总共编辑 1 次。
hkl8324
帖子: 44
注册时间: 2006-06-02 0:57

帖子 hkl8324 » 2006-10-27 14:11

這篇是除錯教學,請你發貼就標明,未看內文的人會以為是問題。
头像
爱国者黑客
帖子: 608
注册时间: 2006-10-01 14:34

帖子 爱国者黑客 » 2006-10-27 16:45