smartliu
帖子: 174
注册时间: 2006-08-04 11:10
系统: Arch, macOS, Windows
来自: Jinan, Shandong, China
联系:

Updated Ubuntu 7.10 beta and the system crashed

帖子 smartliu » 2007-10-06 10:58

I just updated Ubuntu 7.100 beta since I've saw the note from the applet.

After that, system asked me to restart computer. Then I couldn't start the X! It said couldn't find driver!

囗囗囗囗! I'm reinstalling now... Oh!!!!!!!
头像
blackiron
帖子: 887
注册时间: 2007-05-25 16:47
来自: 上海

Re: Updated Ubuntu 7.10 beta and the system crashed

帖子 blackiron » 2007-10-06 11:32

smartliu 写了:I just updated Ubuntu 7.100 beta since I've saw the note from the applet.

After that, system asked me to restart computer. Then I couldn't start the X! It said couldn't find driver!

You'd better to find why
头像
smartliu
联系:

帖子 smartliu » 2007-10-06 11:48

blackiron 写了:
smartliu 写了:I just updated Ubuntu 7.100 beta since I've saw the note from the applet.

You'd better to find why
It's difficult, I think. I've installed so many update packages at that time, and I don't know which one caused this...
头像
smartliu
联系:

帖子 smartliu » 2007-10-06 13:27

blackiron 写了:

You'd better to find why
I've got the anwser, maybe. When update, the package ``linux-restricted-modules-generic 2.6.22.13.18'' couldn't be installed since it didn't support the beta version yet. And the update process also updated xorg. It seems the new version of xorg doesn't support the linux-restricted-modules-generic 2.6.22.13.15(the version which I was using before). That means, my NVIDIA drivers didn't work at all.

But my settings before updated was very high(32-bit deep color, CompizFusion, etc.), so I couldn't run X normally. After I set the settings correctly, the X ran well.

Now I lost 32-bit deep color(using 24-bit now), CompizFusion. The background looks very ugly now. Maybe this problem will be solved after the official version released?
头像
smartliu
联系:

帖子 smartliu » 2007-10-06 13:28

blackiron 写了:

You'd better to find why
I've got the answer, maybe. When update, the package ``linux-restricted-modules-generic 2.6.22.13.18'' couldn't be installed since it didn't support the beta version yet. And the update process also updated xorg. It seems the new version of xorg doesn't support the linux-restricted-modules-generic 2.6.22.13.15(the version which I was using before). That means, my NVIDIA drivers didn't work at all.

But my settings before updated was very high(32-bit deep color, CompizFusion, etc.), so I couldn't run X normally. After I set the settings correctly, the X ran well.

Now I lost 32-bit deep color(using 24-bit now), CompizFusion. The background looks very ugly now. Maybe this problem will be solved after the official version released?
回复