头像
iblicf
帖子: 3766
注册时间: 2007-01-15 17:15

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 2:42

196#GMU_DodgyHodgy
------------------------------------------
I switched to Ubuntu for 90% of my computing for the following key reasons:

1.) More efficient with resources and stable.
2.) More secure.
3.) I have been able to increase my *nix skills and apply them at work.
4.) Have been able to move away from Office (now use OO.org), MS Outlook (Thunderbird with Lightning), I can still use Eclipse and DB2 in Linux, replaced Money with JGnash and now Money Ex, and eliminated Win Media with VLC and Exaile.
5.) Ubuntu's interface is far superior to Windows.
6.) It continuously gets better with each release.

我选择ubuntu 占我用计算机时间的 90% 是基于一下的原因:

1 . 更多的资源利用效率和稳定.
2 . 更安全
3. 我增长了 ×nix 系统的经验并用语我工作当中
4. .............

6. 每次发布它不断的变的更好

上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-05 15:06,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 2:42

197#Yzzerdd
--------------------------------------
I think one reason Linux isn't majority yet is that there are to many distros to choose from, all more different from the last. Windows is straight foward. One is for the home user, another for the home-business user, and then another set for corporate. And also, choices for Linux-based PCs are limited in stores. Sure, there are a few you can buy, but the numbers are limited. At least Compaq/HP and Dell(my two favorite computer companies) are in the game for Linux-based PCs. As a matter of fact, Linksys even has Linux drivers for some of its wireless stuff

我想linux 并非主流的其中一个原因是有太多的发行版可以选择,不同于过去,windows 很直接,一个是为家庭用户,一个为家庭-商业用户,另外的给公司用户,并且,商店里基于linux 的PC 的选择也受到限制, 当然有很多你可以买,但是数字有限 . 至少 compaq /hp , dell ( 我最喜欢的两个计算机公司 ) 正在参与 linux pc 的游戏, 事实上,Linksys 公司甚至有他们无线产品的 linux 驱动程序
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-05 15:02,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 2:43

198#uwishurockedthishxc
---------------------------------------
and with widndows you dont have to tweak a bunc hof stuff? you still do. and why should i support a company who refuses to innovate and gouge money when i can get just as good an os for free?

windows 你就不需要配置一堆东西么? 你一样要做,为什么我要支持一个拒绝革新圈钱的公司,当我可以免费获得同样好的一个操作系统
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-05 14:54,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 2:44

199#DjBones
-------------------------
i'm all about the free open-source software ideology,
and i can create an environment that works well for me.
not much more i could ask for haha

我完全接受开源软件思维模式
而且我可以建造一个能够很好工作的环境.
不需要问太多东西.
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-05 14:51,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 2:44

200#djdarrin91
---------------------------
I myself like Ubuntu better because it can do the same things windows can and more for free. I don't have to worry about virusus or malware etc. anymore.Oh and no more blue screen of death I agree with the last poster,maybe you would have better luck with a different flavor of linux like Freespire or Xandros.

我自己更喜欢 ubuntu 因为它可以做 windows 同样的事情而且更加自由,我不需要担心 病毒或者 malware ... oh , 也没有兰屏死机,我同意最后一个贴子(观点),或许用其他的 linux distro 你会有好运,比如 freespire or Xandros
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-06 11:25,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 17:26

201#iblicf
-----------------------------------
have seen this thread about 1 week ago, it's really interesting and does bring the fun of reading, thanks for all these people, then I decided trans it into (Chinese), and now almost completed,

viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

I use ubuntu/linux for a year, before that red-hat a shot term, acceptance of linux relatively easy for me, because my job is IT associated , and ever developed under *nix system , I tried some other linux distro ,.. I like ubuntu becuse it's faster of update, apt-get is easy to use, in China, ubuntu relatively have more users, there is a lively community, i admire arch too , because it is rather sample with pacman package system and much more easier to config

In China, the individual user can not completely leave without MS, WEB bank, .DOC based work flow , a large number of the website do not compatible with W3C, of course, the majority are illegal copy, this basically was not considered a moral issue , the law cannot punish the masses, I suspect that Microsoft deliberately allow such a state, after all, it can earn massive money from the government procurement projects .

I do like linux, it can basically satisfy my work, my entertainment , I think the big issue of linux currently is that there are too many distros, and some confusion, no unified standard, the lack of heavyweight applications ..

我大概一个星期前看到这个帖子,我想说的是,它的确带给我阅读的乐趣,感谢所有以上的人,然后我决定翻译成(中文),现在工作接近完成了,

viewtopic.php?t=98163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

我用 ubuntu/linux 将近一年时间,以前断断续续的用过 red hat , 接受 linux 对我来说相对的容易一些,IT从业, 做过 *nix 系统上的开发,我尝试过一些别的 linux distro 比较喜欢 ubuntu /arch ... 喜欢 ubuntu 的原因是更新速度较快,apt-get 方便安装软件,在中国,ubuntu 的用户相对多一些,社区比较热闹 ,喜欢 arch 是因为它更精简,也喜欢 pacman

在中国,个人用户完全离开 MS 基本不可能,网银,doc工作流,大量不合乎 W3C标准的网站,当然大多数是非法copy, 这个基本上不被认为是个道德层面上的问题,法不责众,就是事实,现状,我怀疑微软故意允许这种状态,毕竟它可以从政府采购项目当中获得巨额 money

我喜欢 linux , 它基本上能满足我工作,娱乐的要求,我觉得linux 目前的问题主要是,发行版太多,有些混乱,标准不统一,缺乏重量级应用 ..
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-06 11:52,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-05 17:26

202#doorknob60
--------------------------
It's faster, safer, no viruses, more customizable, open source, easier to get software, and of course I can still use Windows for gaming By the way compiz-fusion itself makes Linux better than Windows IMO.

更快,跟安全,没有病毒,更多可定制性,开源,软件容易获得,当然我依旧可以用 windows 玩游戏,顺便说,compiz-fusion 本身就使得 linux 比 windows 更好,IMO

IMO= in my opinion
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-14 10:54,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-06 11:21

203#frankos44
-----------------------
Why start such a stupid thread.

You are just looking at the paintwork with no knowledge of whats under the hood. Dodgy second hand car salesman would just love you.

If you dont like Ubuntu or cant get to grips with it, go pay Bill Gates some more money and make noises on Microsoft forums.

Vista is absolutely awful and I would never contemplate banking or online purchasing on any Microsoft based platform.
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-06 11:54

-----------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by money2themax View Post
now don't take this the wrong way but i think the reason nobody makes viruses/malware is because the ppl making the viruses are running Linux [or don't know how to right them for Linux cuz we evolve, adapt, survive] plus most [if not all] of the Linux community are smart enough to stop them cold and fix the problem right away unlike Microsoft who take forever and a day to even think about solving the problem and then its only half assed attempt at a fix.

P.S. I'm not trying to say your all hackers or anything like that i know that you guys are out to make the world a better place
This is very true, GNU/Linux is an evolved form of Unix that is continually receiving patches, updates, and reviews, thus security flaws are taken down right away. If a virus were to start up, it would rely on the means of social engineering to spread, as known exploits are patched immediately. 2% of home computers run Linux, isn't that right? And most of them are smarter than your average Windows user. So let's say 10% of Linux users were dumb enough to run a malicious script. That's .2% of home computer users. Wow, congratulations! You just hacked 100 people! Let's get you on the news! See? It's not going to happen.

Plus, Linux users are always talking and communicating, so if a virus or worm were to start spreading, places like Ubuntu Forums would be all over it, just like they came together to stop the spread of the "rm" trick (don't run that command).

Also, 0day exploits come out on Windows all the time. Since Windows releases all their patches on the second Tuesday of the month, the hackers release their new POE immediately thereafter. How is that a good strategy? By the time of the next update release, thousands of computers could be comprimised. And you're paying hundreds of dollars for that OS.
上次由 iblicf 在 2008-01-14 10:56,总共编辑 1 次。
头像
iblicf

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-06 15:25

205#haley1
---------------------------------
I've been using ubuntu since 6.06, it started as a learning tool/toy and rebellion against the man. Too many licensing issues, when trying to reload office. I'm to the point now, if I could get my tablet functioning correctly and figure out how to download software to my palm tx. I'd be done with windows completely. Except for work, the military seems to have this thing for MS. I guess they like security holes

帖子 iblicf » 2008-01-14 10:58

206#mcduck
----------------------
With Windows I had to spend lots of time just to keep the system running and free of viruses and other stuff. Installing and updating software was also rather annoying, and took quite some time to do as well. And I never liked the system, or the user interface. Actually I disliked it so much that with each Windows version I used I had to find some other shell to replace the default UI in Windows. And I always missed proper command line, since I had already learned to enjoy using CLI during the years I spent using DOS. Come to think of it, I can't actually find anything good to say about Windows, only about some third party software I used with it..

With Linux I only need to tweak things if I want to, the system just keeps on running perfectly with minimum amount of work, and everything gets updated with a couple of mouse clicks. The user interface looks and works the way I want them to, and while I'm happy with the way the OS itself works I still know that if I wanted to change something I could do it.

So, to put it more simply, Windows doesn't work the way I want my computer to work, and Linux does.