[闲聊]用 Ubwi (Ubuntu下的Windows安装程序) 代替Wubi !!!

系统安装、升级讨论
版面规则
我们都知道新人的确很菜,也喜欢抱怨,并且带有浓厚的Windows习惯,但既然在这里询问,我们就应该有责任帮助他们解决问题,而不是直接泼冷水、简单的否定或发表对解决问题没有任何帮助的帖子。乐于分享,以人为本,这正是Ubuntu的精神所在。
回复
头像
luojie-dune
帖子: 22033
注册时间: 2007-07-30 18:28
系统: Linux
来自: 空气中

[闲聊]用 Ubwi (Ubuntu下的Windows安装程序) 代替Wubi !!!

帖子 luojie-dune » 2008-08-31 8:16

用 Ubwi (Ubuntu下的Windows安装程序) 代替Wubi !!!

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/12666/

谁以前想到了。。。看到这个点子真好。
Written by maynoth the 30 Aug 08 at 00:17. Category: Installation.
Related to: Wubi Windows installer. Status: New [Bookmark this idea]
Description
I see this as a huge deal, because dual booting on one single hard drive is so much of a headache, and unless wine can achieve 99.999% compatibility with windows games and finance and tax software I don't see this headache going away any time soon.

I think this solution would have the best of dual booting and virtual machines together.

I don't personally use a bootloader, to dual boot because its such an annoyance. I use 2 hard drives, one is windows xp, the other ubuntu. I use my start up option from the bios to boot into windows if I need to play a game.

Dual booting is still quite a pain if you only have only have one hard drive. Using a virtual machine is awesome, but not practical for gaming. Also updating firmware for many devices still requires a non-virtual windows environment.

Most of the people with one hard drive that I have installed ubuntu on still use it to play video games with a windows partition.

When Windows fries or gets eaten by spyware reinstalling windows, then making it dual boot again with ubuntu is a royal pain in the neck.

Also doing a fresh install every 6 months usually means
more boot loader headaches.

So here is what I propose:

Make it possible in ubuntu to easily install another operating system, without using bootloaders.

This is how I imagine it working:

1. Starting with a clean hard drive or partition you install ubuntu.

2. Next you click "install another operating system"

3. A gui pops up guiding you through the process of making or erasing a new special partition for the other operating system.

4. The partition you made is somehow treated as though it was the complete hard drive, boot sector and all so this installation cannot replace ubuntu as the main operating system.

5. After preparations are done you reboot to a low level compatibility mode or something, it asks you to insert the cdrom of the other OS.

6. After installation you reboot not into the OS but into ubuntu, you click an icon for the operating system you just installed.

7. Ubuntu reboots into a low level compatibility mode or something, and starts to boot the alternate os.

8. If for reason some ubuntu needs to be reinstalled, it will automatically know not to delete this special partition, unless explicitly told to do so (warning prompts)

9. If the alternate OS becomes corrupt or full of spyware, you can boot into ubuntu and erase the special partition, and restart this process after backing up any special files or data.

10. If both OSes become simultaneously corrupt and its not related to a hardware failure. The live CD should be able to allow you to access data on both partitions and back it up either to a new third partition or on cd or network etc.
『这个世界都是我的 ,我爱你们』

ENTP ⥂ INTP ⥄ INFP ⇦ INTJ

在此发布的文章使用 Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 协议
头像
jialeadmin
帖子: 724
注册时间: 2008-06-17 23:17
来自: 灾区
联系:

帖子 jialeadmin » 2008-08-31 9:28

:shock:
◆WINDOWS系统已彻底删除